Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Picture of Dorian Gray...

Having intended to read Oscar Wilde's original novel before viewing the mist recent cinematic adaptation, I found myself unable to resist as it appeared on one of the movie channels this week. This is how I came to spend my evening, after a long day of Uni orientation and my debut as a tutor, curled up on the sofa with young master Maximus P. Periwinkle and fraulein Mitze Genevieve Vonschnitzel, my beloved Fox Terrier x Jack Russels. Despite my hesitation to see the film, lest I spoil my chance to read it, I have found that I am rather more compelled to begin it, that is after I complete my current book. The Passage, recommended to my by my aunt, is a strange and interesting account of future America as it is decimated by a curious virus which turns its victims, those who survive, into vampiric creatures though not at all of the idealised Twilight persuasion; think more savage blood thirsty, frighteningly human yet bestial creatures driven by base instinct. Surprisingly good really and interestingly, as the rest of humanity dies out, Australia survives; score one geographic isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment