Monday, July 18, 2011

Public nudity is generally frowned upon in polite society...

I need clothes; this is not a just a consumeristic, spoilt childish desire but a genuine requirement. Whilst wearing the same thing to uni twice in a week if find, donning seemingly the same outfit (mostly the same cardigan, scarf and jacket but as it has been cold no-one ever actually sees that I am wearing different clothing underneath) every day starts to give the impression of poor hygiene and/or vagrancy. What I have is limited, often ill-fitting, uncomfortable, inappropriate (if only I had the courage to wear full-skirt, vintage frocks every day) and not at all warm enough. Unfortunately however there is the issue of financing which, being an impoverished student, seems bleak even for my vintage/op-shop tastes. So for now it seem I will just have to make due with my awkward bag lady chic look and continue living vicariously through my horded stockpile of magazines.

If only...

No comments:

Post a Comment