Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Effective Way To Waste Ones Day

Oh the joys of the OP shops and their bounty of forgotten video tapes. I recently spent a morning trawling through the local ST Vinnies, Salvos and Bannados in search discarded videos and magazines and although I failed to obtain any of the usual Vouges or Harpers, the racks picked clean by more successful scavengers, I did come away with 14 tapes all for only $5. Whilst there is undoubtedly a plethora of straight to video films and box office failures, I have in my various expeditions come away with a wealth of entertaining films as yet unknown to me or forgotten in my younger year. It was in this manner that I came across some of my current favourites, (The Royal Tennanbalms, Trainspotting and Amelie, amongst others) and surmounted an impressive library of so bad it is good 90's sifi, horrors and slasher flicks, childhood favourites, 80's chick flicks, teen movies and cult classics. Hours of inexpensive entertainment and today's object of distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment