Monday, January 24, 2011

The Stegosaurus Project...

I have recently undertaken the task of producing, on mass, minute origami stegosauri for my upcoming endeavor hereafter to be known as, the Stegosaurus Project. Inspired in part by Blade Runner and Amelie my intention is to infuse the street of Sydney, and any where ever else I might venture, with a little more whimsy and absurdity through the appearance of these tiny paper creatures. I further intend to post pictures of the most magnificently situated on this here blog in hopes of tracking the migratory patterns of these little beasts.
The initial goal of this project is to produce and disperse 1000 stegosauri; placing them in crevices, on ledges and shelves a eye level. With the assistance of my dear friend Georgia they have already to some extent infiltrated New York City, the photo above taken in the NY subway. Phase 2, when I come to it, involves refining the design and the production of metal stegosauri. Until then, keep watching; they will be out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment